Hudson Judo Athletes Fund is designed to help Hudson Athletes with their training and travel expenses to regional and national level tournaments. All funding generated are dedicated to the furtherance of the Olympic Sport of Judo.
“Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Professor Jigoro Kano, Founder of Judo.
Any youth athlete who is a member of Hudson Judo and can show proof of membership can apply for reimbursement of the entry fee to the USJA/USJF Summer Nationals being held Saturday, July 6 - Sunday, July 7, 2019 at Wagner College, Campus Road, Staten Island, NY 10301.
Hudson Athletes Fund Committee:
- Joaquin González Chairperson
- Chris Skelley Vice-Chairperson
- Tony Camal Voting member
- Clyde Worthen Voting member
- Dr. Catanese Voting member
- Lillian Tom Voting member
- Nicholas Yonezuka Voting member
- Joe Ahern non-voting member-HJY Treasurer
- Boris Muñoz non-voting member-HJY President
For clinics and other Hudson sponsored activities, see our calendar page.
There are two ways for any Hudson Athlete to earn funds for travel expenses:
- Attend the Yonezuka Cup Tournament held every September.
- Attend as many Hudson Yudanshakai organized Workouts and Clinics as you can.